Below are some initial steps you should try if you run into an issue while using Tebi. Please go through the following before starting more specific troubleshooting actions as in many cases one of these will resolve the issue.
Check your connection to the internet
Although it works offline, Tebi always operates best with a reliable connection to the internet. The notification bar will turn red if you lose connection to the internet while using Tebi.
If using Wi-Fi:
- Open your Settings app and tap Network & Internet or Connections and then Wi‑Fi. Depending on your device, these options may be different.
- Turn Wi-Fi on.
- Find the Wi-Fi connection indicator at the top of your screen.
- If this isn’t displayed, or none of the bars are filled in, you may be out of range of a Wi‑Fi network.
- Move closer to the router, check if you have a stronger Wi-Fi connection, and try again.
If using mobile data:
- Open your Settings app and tap Network & Internet or Connections and then Mobile data or Cellular data.
- On some devices, you may need to select Data usage before you find this.
- Turn Mobile data or Cellular data on. If it’s already on, turn it off and on again.
- Check that there is a data indicator, like 2G, 3G, 4G, or H, next to the signal strength bars at the top of the screen.
- Sometimes this won’t display if you have an active Wi-Fi connection. If this is the case, turn Wi-Fi off and check again.
Update to the latest version of Tebi
Tebi makes regular changes and some of these can have an impact on how the app works. That’s why it’s important to always use the newest Tebi version. Follow the steps in this article to update Tebi to the latest version.
Close and restart the app
Sometimes a quick restart of the app will get things back running normally. To close and restart:
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen
- Open Recent Apps - often a square ⬛️ or three vertical lines in a square
- Swipe up on the Tebi App to close it
- Reopen the app to restart
If restarting the app doesn’t resolve your issue, turn your device on and off again, then open the Tebi App.
Clear cache / app data
On rare occasions, if the steps above have not worked you can choose to clear Tebi’s cache and app data. This process clears out files and configuration information that has been stored on the device.
Important: Any changes made to your Tebi account while offline will be lost if you clear the app data. We strongly recommend connecting to the internet and clearing the app data after all changes have synced. This usually takes 15 minutes after reconnecting to the internet.
To clear the cache and app data:
- Open the Android Settings app
- Go to the Apps menu
- Select the Tebi App
- Go to Storage
- Press Clear Cache
- Press Clear Data and confirm your choice
- Reopen Tebi, you may need to sign in again